The Panel’s authority to adjudicate matters related to the Rules of Racing is prescribed under the Horse Racing Licence Act, 2015, as well as the Statutory Powers Procedure Act.
Rules of Racing
Subject to the regulations under the Horse Racing Licence Act, 2015, the AGCO, through the Registrar of Alcohol, Gaming and Racing, has established rules for the conduct of horse racing in any of its forms. The Rules of Racing are available here.
Rules of Procedure
The Panel’s Rules of Procedure are in place to provide a fair, open and accessible process for parties and other interested persons to increase the efficiency and timeliness of proceedings and to assist the Panel in fulfilling its statutory mandate.
The HRAP may also issue Practice Directions from time to time to provide further information about the HRAP's practices or procedures.
GUIDE TO APPEALS
- Guide to Appeals Before the Horse Racing Appeal Panel
- Information Sheet: De Novo Hearings
- Information Sheet: Representatives
- Information Sheet: Motions
- Information Sheet: Disclosure / Information Exchange
- Information Sheet: Witnesses, Summons And Evidence
- Information Sheet: Costs
- Information Sheet: Technical Guidelines
- Information Sheet: Pre-Hearing Conferences
- Information Sheet: What to Expect at your Hearing
- All Information Sheets
- Notice of Appeal
- Declaration of Representative
- Summons to a Witness
- Notice of Expert Witness & Acknowledgement of Expert’s Duty
- Notice of Motion
- Request for an Adjournment
- Notice of Request to Withdraw an Appeal